When I saw the email about this great initiative PrettyFluffy.com has started, I knew I needed to bump everything on my to-do list to immediately work on my own 13 things.
The 13 Project is a Pretty Fluffy initiative that involves 13 acts of kindness towards animals before 2013… To join, all you have to do is come up with a list of up to 13 ways you can help animals before the end of 2013. You don’t need to be a millionaire, you don’t need to have a website, or be a member of a rescue organisation…All you need is the desire to make a difference. If you’re time poor, make your list just one goal – or 3 or 5 things.
Not only is this an absolutely brilliant idea but this is just the push I needed to start accomplishing some of my own goals for the animal world..
Read the Pretty Fluffy post and get started on your own list!
Here’s my list:
1. Continue to donate artwork to non-profit pet rescues who are planning art auctions/fundraisers. Actively search for new organizations.
2. Contact local animal shelters to help photograph adoptable animals.
3. Donate items in need to local shelters and rescue groups.
4. Start on creating a website platform for animal shelters and rescue groups to use. A site that is easy to setup, update, and share posts with social media. A clean, UPDATED, easy to use site that features the animals!
5. Set up a system on my own site to donate 10% of custom portrait profits to animal organizations.
6. Pin Pro-Adoption & Pro-Rescue posters and images on Pinterest to encourage others to think of adopting.
7. Design new and uplifting posters encouraging others to adopt, foster, promote the importance of spaying/neutering, etc.
8. Offer framed artwork to local shelters to help brighten up their buildings.
9. Join HeARTs Speak.
10. Feature pet photographers that donate their time to helping pets get adopted. Feature Friday?!
11. Help share any posts of animals looking for homes via twitter, pinterest, etc.
12. Attend a volunteer information session at my local shelter to see how I can get involved.
13. Share and promote The 13 Project to inspire others!